This soup has become a favorite in our home as the temperature becomes cooler and we approach Thanksgiving. My kids love to eat sweet potatoes and this recipe gives us an opportunity to eat them in a form other than baked, casseroled, or in a pie.
This soup is a little thicker than your normal soup; I would almost consider it more of a bisque than a soup. But you can also add in more vegetable/chicken stock to make it thinner.
Keep in mind also the health benefits of sweet potatoes. They are an excellent source of Vitamins A and C.
· 5 Medium sized sweet potatoes
· 4 Tbsp of olive oil
· 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
· 1 tsp minced garlic
· 2 stalks of celery, chopped
· 1 Tbsp of garam masala
· 1 tsp of curry powder
· 1 tsp sea salt
· 6 cups of vegetable stock
· 1 can of coconut milk
· 1/2 cup of water
· Favorite crusted bread, sliced for dipping (We've been purchasing the Artisan Whole Grain Loaf from the Kroger Bakery section).
· Crumbled goat cheese, optional (My kids like the tomato-basil goat cheese.)
|< Prev||Next >|