Shopping for boots has been a nightmare for some of my friends and I thought I should share my wisdom to deal with specific issue which my dear friends, especially not so tall friends face while wearing their boots. It is true that tall girls look stunning in boots, especially tall boots but even petite structured girls can wear boots and look fabulous in them.
It is all a matter of form and proportion. Each of our body part has its own unique form and proportion and each article of clothing or accessory we put on our body, we are basically playing with the form, proportion and the game of finding the right balance between the two. Here are some tips which might help you find the right balance:
1. Fit is the most important thing for the boots to look good. Ideally they should fit like a glove. If your legs are too thin, do not buy boots which are too loose on your calves. There should be enough space for you to wear a leg warmer or thick leggings but if you are able to put your entire palm in your boots, it is not the right fit for you. Wide shaft boots make your legs look petite and our idea is to make them look tall. So if you do not find the right fit in tall boots, go for something that is just below the calves. Ankle length boots are the most flexible style whether you are petite or not. They go well with trousers and jeans as well as skirts,short skirts or calf length skirts.
2. Choose a color which you can mostly wear with your existing outfits.
Monochromatic palette creates a vertical line which makes petite girls look leaner and taller. So if you buy black boots,wear black leggings so that you create an illusion of long legs. If you wear brown or grey boots, match the color of your leggings to your boots so it creates a single vertical line from top to bottom, making you look tall.
3. When you wear skirts or dresses, the length of that item of clothing hitting your legs is crucial as it would create a horizontal line on your body form. When you are petite, and wearing knee high boots, the length of the skirt or dress should be touching above the knee or even shorter. If you are wearing ankle length boots, then the length of the skirt can go longer. When you are wearing mid calf boots or tall boots, do not wear oversized sweaters or long coats. Short jackets, fitted sweaters, tops and coats with princess seams are a much wiser choice with tall or mid calf boots. With ankle length boots, go ahead and flaunt your trenches and long coat
4. Wearing heels is ideally a great option for shorter girls. Boots with thin pencil heel make the legs look longer and leaner. But be careful with the weather conditions and give priority to the comfort of your feet as you do not want to fall or slip on the road just for the sake of looking sexy. Boots with wedge heels are also a great choice as long as you do not add bulk on your skirt or dress.
5. Not only is it important to wear your boots the right way, it is also important to choose the right height of your boot . The boot should not end at the widest part of your calf. If it is, it will make your calves look wider as it creates a horizontal line around the circumference of your calves which kind of draws attention to the widest part of your legs. The boot should be shorter or longer than the widest part of your boot.
Lets hope these tips help you wear your boots more confidently!